Self-guided sightseeing tour of Rome
Explore the city at your own pace, independent from guides, schedules and groups. Learn everything about Rome, “The Eternal City”
English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Chinese
Would you like to try a new tourist experience that allows you to be free to decide where to go and when? Then you can’t miss out on this amazing self-guided walking tour of Rome.
With plenty of history and cultural sites well worth a visit, this walking tour of Rome is particularly perfect if you’re looking to delve into the heart of the very history of where the city began.
We’re sure you’ll enjoy it even if you simply want to take a quick look at the best attractions in Rome, such as the Colosseum, the Palatine Hill, the Roman Forum, or the Vatican Museums. Let us guess, you can’t wait to admire the marvelous Sistine Chapel, right?
And besides leading you to the Vatican Museums and Vatican City, our walking tour will make you know all the deepest secrets of the City Center, introducing you to the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, and the Spanish Steps, four of the most important sights in the City Center.
Self-guided tour of Rome | How it works
This digital walking tour of Rome will make you discover the ancient city taking you on an exciting journey through time.
Choose your self guided tour of Rome and book it. You’ll immediately receive the credentials to download the dedicated app to access the digital guides.
From then on, you’ll have two options:
- Basic option – Intelligent audio, navigation, and destination software in a sophisticated application containing over 130 points of interest, famous transport routes, sightseeing itineraries, and walking tours.
- Explorer option – VoxCity + free use of public transport (buses, trams and metros) for 24 hours.
Plan your tour freely
As you can see, with this fantastic Rome’s guided walking tour, you’ll be free to explore all the monuments, attractions and museums you want without any constraints.
You won’t have to follow an itinerary established by a real tour guide, but you can choose the route you want to follow.
For example, if you’ve decided to discover Piazza di Spagna, you can also stop at Villa Borghese for a bite to eat before resuming your tour.
And if you’ve decided to take a self-guided tour to Piazza Navona, you can take your time admiring Bernini’s stunning fountain.
There is no rush or group to follow, you can manage your day however you want.
Vox’s self-guided Rome walking tour includes:
- High quality audio tracks for more than 130 archaeological sites and attractions throughout Rome.
- Essential tips on the best walking routes and recommended public transportation.
- Good photo spots and free WIFI locations.
- Possibility of free rides on Rome’s public transport (bus, streetcar and metro) depending on the option chosen.
Vox’s self-guided Rome walking tour doesn’t include:
- Entrance fees to museums and attractions (must be purchased on site or on the official website of the desired place).
- Food and beverages.
- Pick up from hotel.
- Headphones and other mobile devices (personal ones must be used).
Visiting Rome has never been easier than now. With Vox, you can explore by your own all the top sights and make your trip to Italy unforgettable! Walk along Rome’s streets for the whole day and bring home the true essence of Roman atmosphere.